How to Make Corned Beef
Meat Material: Beef brisket, cubed 1×1/2″ or any boneless beef - 1 kg
Cover Pickle Ingredients:
- 1 cup - Water
- 1 Tbsp - Salt, refined
- 1-1/4 Tbsp - Sugar, refined
- 1 tsp - Curing salt
- 1/4 tsp - Vitamin C powder
- 1 tsp - Phosphate
- Add 2 cups water to the meat and cook with the following ingredients:
- 1 tsp - Nutmeg
- 1 tsp - Corned beef seasoning
- 1 tsp - Garlic powder
- 1 tsp - Vetsin*
- 2 Tbsp - Trimix (after cooking)**
- 2 Tbsp - Carageenan
* Add after flaking
** For every 300 grams broth add 2 Tbsp Trimix and 1 tsp carageenan previously disolved in 1/4 cup water and boil it until thickens and add it to 700 grams flaked lean meat to make 1000 grams product.
- Select good quality raw materials.
- Cube the meat into 1 x 1/2 inch
- Prepare the cover pickle (40 degree salinity)
- Immerse raw materials into the cover pickle.
- Cure at room temperature for 8-10 hours or refregerate (34-36 degreeF) for 1-2 days.
- Flake. Separate lean from the stock (sabaw)
- Pack in polyethylene bags and keep in freeze